Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Flashing back those memories




It was Sunday morning at my working place. Yes, I was doing my internship program at MMC TM at Jln Semarak when suddenly I got a call from my mother. Unfortunately I was in the toilet for my nature call thus Raihan my best mate who worked at the same place with me picked it up. Just when I arrived back at our cubicle, Raihan said in a calm voice as she always is “u got a call from your mom and it’s urgent. You better call her back immediately”. As I could remember, I felt a lightning just hit directly to my heart. Gosh, without any further due I took my phone on the table and called my mom.

” Krrrriinnng Krrrringg” I whispered myself “Please mom pick it up”. “Hello..Mar what are you doing dear? How’s working?...” Just before I let her continue her words I said curiously “Mom, wait! What’s happening there? Let me know the news! “ . It was the exact day that I still remembered when my mom replied in her most sweet tone of voice “Fuad’s mom called me this morning. Instead of coming by for a formal visit this coming Saturday, the family would like to tie the knot of her son with you dear”. Gulp… Then, there were other things that we talked and discussed in the phone before I hung up the phone when immediately Raihan noticed there’s a slight sadness that I could not manage to hide.

I was only a sweet 23 years old daughter in my family. My life was always surrounded with laughter of my siblings; it was always filled in with phone calls from my mom, everyday asking my whereabouts. I have a strong bond with my mom that all my siblings always envy of. By the time I hung up the phone I knew perfectly that my life will be changed forever. It’s not that I’m not happy because it’s every woman’s dream to get married with her perfect prince, but I was just na├»ve to understand all these including the heavy responsibilities await me.

Saturday it was, I sat still in my room looking on the mirror to see the reflection of me as my elder sister knocked on the door. I let her in as I did not want to feel this unusual feeling alone without someone that I love and care always. She hugged me and uttered on my ear “Everything will be fine. Don’t worry too much about it.” I felt peaceful with those words even though there are simple but to me it was like a guarantee from her that this decision I made is the best one for me.

As agreed from both families, my wedding will be held five months after my engagement day. I heard lots of talk from people around me saying that I am too young to get married plus I have another semester to go to finish my degree hence it’s impossible for me to balance my life onwards. On the day before my wedding day, our neighbors, and my parents’ friends came up to our home to give help. Meanwhile I sat quietly in my room while my best friend Ryia Illani expressed her creativity on decorating my hands with henna. Even though the henna is not as perfect as it should be, we are very proud of it as we did it together and I did not experience disgrace when I proudly showed it to everyone and said “ Hey look, we did it together!”.

All family members have gathered themselves at our nearby mosque waiting for the solemnization ceremony to begin. As I entered the mosque all the eyes are on me and surprisingly I don’t feel anything. My eyes scanned on the position of my dad, mom, Ani my elder sister and my other siblings ( I don’t have to find Shamin who is my younger sister since she has offered herself to be my bridesmaid and she sat steadily next beside me). “This is it”. I told myself. This is the end of everything. I cannot go back to my home as always as I wanted to; I will leave my family and will be living with a new family of my husband at his home. I will leave behind the place where I called home, the serenity that I always have here and live with a new life of uncertainty. Will I get the same tenderness and love that I have always been used to in my new life?

Right after the ‘akad’ has been said an approved by the members of the families, I could see from one angle my dad wiped his tears and it was the time my tears dropped and it did not stopped. My dad is a tough guy and he never shows his emotion easily and that is when it touched my heart most. Hence, I ran and reached my mom’s hand and asking her forgiveness for my wrongdoings. My mom is a brave woman and she did not cry. She gave me a clear hint that she wanted me to be brave like her. My mom told me “Go and find your dad”. My dad was standing at the back of the crowd facing backward and I believed he was hiding his tears. I gently approached him and hugged him. There is no word that comes out from both of us and we could only hear our own voice. It was emotional indeed. Finally he told me “Be a good wife and a good mother to your children. You will always get my blessing”. I replied “I love you dad”.

I am crying while looking at my family photos. I miss u mom, dad, ani, min, and my sweet lovely home.

No comments:

Post a Comment