Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, July 3, 2009

Health Awareness


According to the World Health Organization 60 years ago, they defined health as ‘a state of complete physical, mental and social wellbeing’. Guess what? By this barometer description to define human health, I could say approximate 95% human being around globe could be said to be unhealthy for most of their lives. Today, health is considered as a subjective awareness of wellbeing. And of course, as all of us know ,the prerequisites for wellbeing are still sufficient amounts of healthy food and physical activity and adequate amounts of sleep, as well as a healthy environment and good social relationship or to be specific ; the choice of circle of friends.

There is completely no doubt that regular physical activity is good for our health. Sports, in particular can improve overall fitness, stimulate body metabolism, and reduce stress from a tiring working day, and prevent cardiovascular diseases. (Dr Fuad helped me a lot to create bombastic medical terms this time.) Some types of sport, however, have very slight health benefits but have a high risk injury such as boxing, hang-gliding (flying fox) and surprisingly football! Other sporting activities can result in damaged muscles and joints if practised without proper training and instruction. Hence it is important to have a professional certified practitioner who could supervise, monitor and at the same time instruct us to follow the right way during the training session. We have to be mindful of the most frequent injuries are to muscles and these often pass unnoticed at first.

On the previous early of June I made myself registered to an aerobic class. I was so thrilled to do the exercise as during student life we were pampered by the facilities provided by the university and I made a full used of it. When I was young I made friend with lots of boys and I was getting used to having an energetic healthy life as sport is the medium approach to fulfil it. Alhamdulillah I am so lucky to have a brilliant instructor who can teach me a combination of physical exercise with a dance movement which I love so much. I have a basic dance skill which I learned at my primary school. I was an active student who loved arts and dancing performances were my best memory ever that could be captured during my childhood time. For this reason, by taking this aerobic class is such an opportunity of a life time! I could not resist it when I first saw the business card of the owner of the studio when my husband handed it to me.

It is a muslimah aerobic class therefore we do not have to cover the aurah as in public place. It’s one of the reason I joined it because it give freedom to my body to move unreservedly without being worried of the existence of male creature. The main reason of joining aerobic class is not to make myself become as light as feather but to gain a healthy body and live a healthy life. I am not a big fan of skinny body type since forever but as long as I have a good body proportion it is more than enough for me.

So friends, you don’t have to belong to a sports club to be fit. Even gentle physical exercise is healthy if practised daily. Maybe just 30 minutes a day of climbing stairs, brisk walking, and swimming or cycling have beneficial effects on our blood pressure, pulse rate and blood vessels. Since cardiovascular diseases are the most common causes of death in industrialised countries such as Malaysia, the effect of regular exercise is to prolong life. Because physical activity stimulates the metabolism, it reduces the risk of contracting other diseases and improves generate fitness and quality of life, especially as people age.

Even though you have not include to start exercise in your ‘what-to-do-list’ in your New Year resolution, believe me there is no reason for an excuse because our body is the greatest gift from God and we will be asked in the hereafter on how we used it. Thus stop making excuses and start exercise NOW! :PP

No comments:

Post a Comment