Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Start saving coins now!

Hi everyone.
Did you know that every single cent does count?
This is not a joke and I have my own stand on this.

 There are many ways to instil the habit of saving; some may love to allocate certain amount from their total salary and transfer them into their saving account monthly (this is my habit:-)), some may just love to prohibit themselves from buying anything and consider only to pay for the necessities (even though they know shopping sometimes is a cure for unhappiness; guilty pleasure some may say).

 As for me, besides doing saving cash, I have a habit of saving coins till now. I have my own container; which i bought it from 'Living Cabin' (Butane gas lighter type) so that I can put all my coins inside it. Some people will use their coins for tolls or bill payments but I have fallen in love with coins and rather put them in my container. During my childhood time, I will ask mom and dad if they have plenty of it so I can keep them in my ‘watermelon can’. I love to search coins and keep my coins because to me there will never be 1 million dollar without 1 cent, or at this moment since we don’t use 1 cent anymore, 5 cent seems valuable to complete the count to 1 million.

Even then, I will think twice about grabbing a nickel off the dirty street or from pedestrian. We do not know what to expect from it. Maybe there are some wild animals left their intestinal tract on the road and the coins have passed through it for some time. Yes, they are still valuable but the ideas of picking up something i can see dirty just give me creeps.
you can simply find this at living cabin and it cost you Rm12+ for a great future investment.Buy it now!

 If I pay something, I will never use my coins and the change that i received i will immediately put it in my secret container. Hubby always said women are complicated, and i never deny it. Usually i will reply “women are not that complicated if you understand us; we are special,beautiful, sweet and genius in our own way”.

 
Last month, I brought my 2 containers to CIMB bank and each of them certainly weight like a 5 kg dumbbell! I hold them tightly under my armpits to avoid them from slipping down. Everyone stared at me; an adult woman carrying two big containers and look so eager to bank-in all the coins. Something not to be missed out I guess. What a scene! (malu). The banker gave me a smile. I just smile back with no response. Oh, don’t you dare to look down at me coz I saved my all coins! The next day, I got a call from CIMB staff saying that I can check my account details as soon as possible as they have successfully transferred the amount into my saving account. My coins saving for one and a half years gave me a real reward and allowed me to be proud of myself : RM800 ++. You have got to believe it! I smiled joyfully when I put down the phone.

 
So, even this digital age where coins are slowly becoming irrelevant, we still have methods of saving our “change” and earning a little bit more while we are at it. And if you participate in the cash economy, then please don’t throw away your coins! Put them in a jar, or in a specific container, or why not you just give them to me!! :-) (but of course you need to wash them first since I do not know where your hands have been. ) ^_^

6 comments:

  1. Setuju!!! K su pon simpan coins... dlm kotak kecik je.. tp bila kira2 da de dekat RM40... padahal.. kalo tengok mcm bape sen sgt je dlm kotak yg kecik tu.... (kotak yg biasa dpt time pegi org kawen)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ni kak sue sekolah menengah ke? hihi. kak sue, tanamkan azam lg k. kumpul banyak2 lagi!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. same lh kiter...tp kiter simpan dalam tabung bentuk rumah....everytime kuar shopping coins yg dpt tu simpan dalam tabung bila balik...lame2 dah berat..

    ReplyDelete
  4. wah~ kiranya menyimpan dengan coins lagi menerujakan... duk masuk-kan dalam tabung sampai penuh, tau-tau dah ada beratus! thanks mar :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. waheeda: best2 kumpul duit syiling. perasaan tu hanya difahami oleh pengumpul sahaja. :)

    bie : bie dah kene start kumpul dah ni dari sekarang. best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..banyak nye dapat kumpul Mar. Ool ada saving coins dari zaman UTM dulu sampai la awal tahun ni..rasanya ada la dalam 6 tahun kot tak penah usik pun coins tu sumer...kalau ada seringgit note tu pun ool campak je dalam bekas coins tu...last time kira, quite a surprise...almost ada dekat 1300 Mar tau.....warghhhh....kali ni simpan nak masuk dalam akaun Sofea pulak.

    ReplyDelete