Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Walking through of my late 20’s



Hello everyone.

It’s a great feeling to be able to reach Sunday. It’s just a day. A day in which in formality is supposed to be a holiday for everybody. Mom and dad are here. I enjoyed every single moments of their weekend visit here. I enjoyed swimming and playing at my swimming pool with little Fariss, my sister munirah and daddy. I enjoyed mom cooked for lunch for my little family. And, tomorrow is a struggle again. Traffic jam, laundry task, preparing dinner, office workloads, house chores, etc.

Life is all about time. It’s a bit different on how I see the world as a woman reaching her first 30’s. Ok. 2013 is not going to be the year of 30 for me; just not yet. I have 2 more years to really understand the responsibilities of the 30’s, and how does the weight that carries for being 30’s. Mature people always impressed me. You get all my respect and my attention. It’s not easy actually to be synchronous between your age and your soul spirit. I have seen so many that reflect the opposite way, and it scared me so much. They are living people around me.. I know them and some just very well.

Is that true that older people feeling envy with the younger people that made them desperate to be one of them? Is it true that life is like an ASTRO decoder  that can be rewind back as what we wish for?
I think I get the answer, even though if it is not genuinely correct.

On my ride along highways, I had counted the billboards that featured young and beautiful people. Handsome models, long legged of young and beautiful female models, younger models reaching out happiness underneath bright sky. All of them made a statement that happiness belongs to younger people. Not once did I see anyone who would pass for over thirty-five. All this emphasis on youth, and I don’t buy it.

I know what a misery being young is, and don’t tell me it’s so great. We are struggling now in every aspect of life. We still have little understanding about life and we struggle to learn everything. We struggle not to be manipulated by the liars out there because we know little about life.

Hence, let’s just embrace aging. It’s very simple. As you grow, you learn more. If you stayed at 21 , you’d always be ignorant as you were 21.Aging is not just decay. It’s growth. It’s more than the negative that you are going to die, it’s also the positive that you understand you are going to die, and you live a better life because of it.

If you are always battling against getting older, you are always going to be unhappy, because it will happen anyhow. The fact is you are going to die eventually. It won’t matter what you tell yourself.
You have to find what is good and beautiful and true in your life as it is now. Looking back makes you competitive. And age is not a competitive issue though. 

The truth is , part of us are every age. We are a three year old, a 15 year old, a 25 year old. We have been through all of them. We delight being a child when it’s appropriate to be a child. We delight in being wise old people when it’s appropriate to be wise old people. We are every age, up to our own. We cannot be envy to the younger people when we have been there, in that period.

I am going to reach 28 this year. And may Allah grant me with skills that I would like to venture, with a unlimited love to be shared with everyone surrounding me, a sincere heart to make me be able to perform well in my career this year, increase my Iman to Allah, make me a humble person that I always wanted to be, be thankful every day, bring rahmah and barakah to my family,and most importantly please help me to be a wise person that lead to good judgments I made every day. 

I hope it’s not too late to wish everyone here. Happy 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment