Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 4, 2014

My precious jewels..





You sleep, with your angelic face that has turned strong
You sleep, your tiny hands are almost as big as mine.
I touch them in amazement at how they have grown.
I lie beside you, put my cheek next to your red straight hair,
Once so soft. Pop, now you're a little man!
And I breathe you in, and I love being your Mom

You sleep, with your angelic face that is pure beauty.
You sleep your legs now so long and strong.
You sleep, my little girl that is not so little,
As I run my fingers in your beautiful blonde curly hair
where for so long it seemed, there was none!
And I breathe you in, and I love being your Mom


My precious jewels,
This month, they both will turn 1 and 3.

Fariss,

3 years and 9 months ago, I was laughed out in tears knowing that I was expecting you. We have tried about a year to conceive you. You are truly a miracle baby.

From the first day you were born, you have brought me nothing but pure joy since that very first moment. Watching you grow, absorbing the world around you, inquisitive and delighted to learn, I’m reminded each day of the treasure you bring into my world.

I wish for the kind heart I see you in now to stay firmly in place.  Keep it, nurture it, and handle it with care.  Don’t ever let anyone tell you that you are too sensitive. You are the first to hold your sister’s hand when she is scared, the one to hug me tightly when I cried.

Be a student.  Be a teacher.  Learn at every opportunity.  Read. Be inquisitive. Ask. And when you know something and know it well – teach others.  Do not hoard your knowledge, your gifts – share them.  There is inherent beauty in being both student and teacher.  It is a gift to learn and a privilege to teach.

Fariss, you are what bliss looks like in a little boy.  You are dirty and messy, you snuggle and love me.

And nothing gets to me more than hearing you say, “I love you, my Mommy”. Thank you, sweet, small dude – for completing our family.

I will always love you, my buddy.













Fadwa,

When you were born, I was so taken by your dark hair and those big hands crawling over my chest searching for your first nutrition, I couldn’t bear to look away. You were so energetic from the first day of your existence in this world.

I now find myself having a similar experience.  While you have grown from a helpless infant to an  ‘I can do it’ toddling toddler to the independent little treasure you are now, I have often held my breath, hoping I would know when to hold your hand and when to stand behind you with a little push. 

When I look into your eyes, I see possibilities.  You truly believe ANYTHING can happen.

And that is magic….

You are this beautiful little soul.  From you I have learned patience, I have experienced family, and I have evolved.  I am a better person for having you in my life.

Mommy is wishing you a million days that reflect the possibilities you see.

I love you with all my heart.








All my life I told you that my blessings were always with you. But over time I have realized that it was me who was blessed in the first place to have a son and a daughter like you.



No comments:

Post a Comment